Strategy. Encouragement. Training.
A career search can be confusing and sometimes frustrating. Thankfully, there is an approach that can be used to gain some control of the job search process. SET for Success workshops can help you make your career search more effective and sample illustration essay topics writing dialogue in an essay potentially shorten a season of unemployment.
The SET for Success Career Search Workshops go beyond resumes and cover letters to include important topics such as job targeting, developing a skills and strengths inventory, interview skills training and much more over the course of two half-day sessions. Each session is packed with useful information and great advice from people with real life experiences.
When you sign up for the SET For Success Career Workshop:
- You’ll receive 2 workbooks* – Professional Life & Career Planning Guide and Managing Change
- You’ll receive emails with job postings each week and you’ll have access to the KnoxWorx Job Board
- You’ll have networking opportunities within four area job clubs, including special events such as job fairs and special guest speakers
*There is a one-time cost of $58 to cover course materials.
How will this workshop benefit my job search?
- 99% of resumes are outdated and old school resulting in very little response. We “modernize” resumes in both content and format for today’s market with over 95% response rate from employers.
- We show you how 80% of all positions are filled and how to get in front of the decision maker. Many people think they can use a search firm and wait for the job offers to roll in. What they don’t realize is most companies don’t want to fork out 25-30% to hire someone UNLESS they absolutely have to. A search firm can hurt most candidates chances of being interviewed.
- We teach participants how to sell themselves in the interview and close the deal. Interview questions are different than they were 5-7 years ago. We’ll help participants prepare to get the job offer.
The Set for Success Career Workshops are led by Mr. Don Truza, CEO of The Transition Team and author of the course materials included with each registration.
Don, a certified “Career Management Fellow” (CMF), has over 20 years of experience helping people transition into new careers. He’s the current President of Knoxville Oak Ridge Staffing Association (KORSA) and past President of the local Society of Human Resource Management Association.
The Transition Team has served major employers including Bridgestone Tires, General Electric, Bush’s Beans and General Motors. Don and his team have won numerous awards for their work including the Tennessee Quality Award and the global Award of Excellence. To see a list of local and national companies who have used the Transition Team’s program visit www.thetransitionteam.com.
As a program of Knoxville Leadership Foundation, KnoxWorx partners with churches, businesses, educators and other key organizations within our community to effectively and efficiently engage a variety of resources.